Facebook

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Perfection

I live near the Castro in San Francisco and sometimes I wonder what some people are striving for? Is it perfection? Are some of the people I see portraying themselves as someone they feel will be acknowledged by others? Is the idea of perfection keeping some people from being themselves, so often that they forget who they are? Instead of being themselves, they become intertwined with man's idea of what perfection is?

I've always wanted to be accepted by others and I would mold myself into the person I thought people would want to hang out with. But now, I'm compelled to be honest about every aspect of my life; spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Why keep something from someone that you know they'll find out about you later anyways? If your going to reject me, do it now, please, don't try to be polite. I spent a lot of my life living for others. I was trying to live up to every one's expectations of who they needed me to be and not who I wanted to be. News Flash! Perfection is unobtainable. Every one has faults.

Have you ever looked into a person's eyes and into their soul? There's a bible verse that goes something like this, "God does not see as man sees, man looks at the appearance, but God looks at the heart." 1 Sam 16:7 Again, "a man looks at his natual face in a mirror. He observes it and goes a way and immediately forgets what kind of man he is." James 1:23-24 Next time, you look into the mirror, look past your face and into your soul. What kind of man are you? What do you stand for? Where are you going? Who are you? Have you forgotten?

I've given up on perfection. Now, I just try to be the best I can be. Faults and all. Love yourself unconditionally. Who cares what other people think! Be unique. If people don't like you for who you are, don't get all bent out of shape. Stand up for yourself. Don't compromise. Let them own it. You don't have too.

Peace!

No comments: