Facebook

Sunday, June 10, 2007

If I Could Convey One Thing About Myself...

Have you ever thought about what people think of you after you've met them? What is the one thing about you that you hoped to have conveyed to them? I know I want to be liked and if I think I don't get that need met I feel hurt and rejected. My perception of how the other person thinks about me is controlling my decision of whether I'm liked or not, not what the other person actually thinks about me. So my interaction with them is one sided and more about getting my needs met and not the other persons.

I'm going through this audio CD called "Nonviolent Communication". It's about listening to each other's needs and meeting those needs through communication. I'm working on being a nonviolent communicator.

"Imagine connecting with the human spirit, in each person, in any situation."

"Imagine interacting with others in a way that allows everyone's needs to be equally valued."

"Imagine creating organizations and life-serving systems responsive to our needs and the needs of our environment."

So, what's the one thing I want to convey? This is my life right now.

Peace and Love to All...

No comments: