Facebook

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Hotel Rwanda

Hey Everybody! I haven't posted a blog in a while and a lot of things have changed in my life since then. I was laid off at the end of October, but I have around six months of severance pay so, I like to say I'm on vacation and I am.

I went to an advanced screening of "Hotel Rwanda" starring Don Cheadle tonight which totally inspired me to do more human rights activism. Don Cheadle stars in the true-life story of Paul Rusesabagina, a hotel manager who housed over a thousand Tutsis refugees during their struggle against the Hutu militia in Rwanda.

After the movie, the audience experienced a once in a lifetime opportunity. Terry George, the director, and Paul Rusesabagina, which we gave a much deserved standing ovation to show our appreciation for his sacrifices and commitment to human rights, were both present for Q&A. Afterwards, I had to run up and shake the hand of Mr. Rusesabagina. He was very warm and kind hearted. I was speechless, but managed to audibly utter the words "thank you" two or three times.

Take a look at the movie's official site and release dates.

Watch this film and SPREAD THE WORD!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this movie, first watched it back in grade 6. Even at such a young age I was moved by it. I had to tell my teacher about it. It's still among my favorites.